Sunday 30 March 2014

The Cure !!


2d514474-672f-49c4-929e-6b3f8dc84559_zpsbca51962


The young boy sitting on the sidewalk was repeating the same thing for the past five minutes.
His palm on his cheek. Then on his knees.
Cheek, Knee.
Cheek ,Knee.

What are you doing ? “, he asked the child.
Putting mommy’s kisses on my knees. I hurt myself while playing. Mommy says her kisses protect me always. I’m putting them on my knees”, the boy chirped.

 He felt his heart begin to heal…

I was tempted to end my own life ! Why should I, God, when you’re with me !”, he cried.

He'd seen the right path, his faith back in action !

___________________________________________________________________________________________
This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.
This week's challenge is that the post must contain , " I was tempted."

 

17 comments:

  1. Sometimes, it is a small action that helps us realize healing is nearby :) Nice one, Sree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! Such a profound message in a beautifully narrated short story!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely!! children see what we fail to see....lucky that he found and understood the right thing before it was too late!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! The child's act tugged at heart!
    Small acts and thoughts can change our perspective. Wonderful story, Sreeja :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like someone said, a small touch of love, especially from Momma, can re-ignite the joy of live in us. Great take:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A touching and healing story indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully conveyed a profound message through a child's action and words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this absolutely! especially how you wove the child kissing the knee..beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely. Puts faith back in me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was beautiful. How small instances bring faith back in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's really the little things, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a warm and loving gesture. Beautifully captured :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet ...loved the innocence depicted through simple words .....

    ReplyDelete

Speak to me here :) :)