Thursday 14 November 2013

And then, Liebster comes visiting !! :) :) :)


Its Liebster Time !! :)

The birth of this blog has redefined many aspects of my life.
The thinking hats are being worn again, my creativity is plunging to hitherto unknown depths, and words are yearning to flow out, either in trickles or in a gush of rain !!

And the Liebster Award comes visiting !


Did I just say Liebster ? Then that’s the sweetest, nicest, beloved, kindest,valued, cute, endearing thing to say, because Liebster just means that !!

Out here in the blogosphere, so many blogs voice out for the bloggers. The Liebster aims at recognizing such blogs, which have less than 200 followers, as a boost to their blogging endeavours and spirit.

Thanks a lot to Maithili Bhatnagar , who blogs at one such story and Mrs Usha Menon, who blogs at Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha, for having awarded me with the ‘Liebster’ Status !!

As the general rules go, once you accept the award, you must :

è Tag back to the person who tagged you
è Answer the questions posed by him/her/them
è Tag 11 ( some say 10 ) more bloggers , with no more than 200 followers
è Post 11 ( some say 10 )  Questions for them to answer !!
è And tell them that they have been tagged , so that they continue the chain !! :-)

Maithili has given an additional rule of  ‘Posting 11 facts’ about yourself :-)

As I’m taking up the Award from both Maithili and Usha Ma’m, I’m answering all their questions :-)

Firstly, 11 facts about myself…

1.      I love memorizing phone numbers. This has helped me many times when I’ve really needed the numbers and could recall them from memory.
2.      I love collecting pens and diaries. I may not use any or all of them, but they’ll still be a part of my collection.
3.      I’m a typical Gemini, with not just two, but multiple personalities :D 
4.      I’m a flipkartomaniac :D You know what I mean :D :D
5.      I get bored very easily. I told you already, I’m a typical Gemini-cusped-with-Cancer-ab-kya-karen types !!!
6.      Things which you think will irk me don’t, while things which aren’t irksome at all to many people annoy me :-) Haan Haan I know, too unpredictable !!
7.      I’m talkative. Goes without saying :D
8.      I’m becoming lazier day by day… F1 F1… ( See, I’m lazy even to type ‘help’ , I told you na )….
9.      Patience and I don’t go together…I’m learning it the hard way now :-(
10.  Decluttering the shelves at home is often a funny affair as nothing really gets out :) Its just an organising-the-clutter session for me :D I love keepsakes :)
11.  My trip to Dubai is my very first, outside India, and I’m loving it here, as it makes me miss my home more !!

Here are the answers to Maithili’s Questions :


1.      One relation you were responsible for ruining
                             Hmm, I guess I’m not yet guilty that way !
2.      The worst lie you told
                            That I’m learning Oracle, when I wasn’t even trying to :P :P :P
3.      One relative who is more of a friend 
                          My Sis-in-Law :D
4.      Your favorite story
                        Rendaamoozham by M T Vasudevan Nair ( Malayalam ) is my favourite, and the story of the Mahabharatha from Bhima’s perspective is enchanting. ( Translated to English as The Second  
                        Turn. A must read ! ).
5.      One habit you wish to do away with
                        Procrastination :D
6.      A movie date or a theme park with friends
                        A movie date :)
7.      The movie you regret watching in theatre
                        Jurassic Park ( I was too young then, and didn’t get a word of what was being said, and I sat petrified , staring at the screen in front of me :) )
8.      The best compliment you received
                       All compliments I get compete for this title :D
9.      Whose comments inspire you on your post?
                        Every single one. I mean it.
10.  Who do you think of when I say "angel"
                        My daughter and her smile ! Who else !!
11.  Have you experienced paranormal :P 
                        No….if you exclude telepathy from the definition ! But Telepathy, yes !!


And the answers to Usha Ma’m’s Questions are :

1     Why do you write?
     Writing is a window for emotions to flow out. I write because I love dressing up
     my thoughts :)

2     Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging as an outlet to the creative side of my mind. Blogging is a release and a relief. Any blogger would agree to this !!
3     What do you prefer, love marriage or an arranged marriage? Why?
How about an arranged love marriage ? :P

4     Does Politics interest you? Give reasons.
Politics as a  Science, yes. Contemporary Politics, not really. I would like to keep myself informed of what’s happening, but no discussions on the same. Not for me. It is no longer an art. It is so politically political !!

5     Which is your  favourite TV  programme?
Quiz Shows. Any. All.

6     Three things which are most important for you in life?
Love, Peace and Happiness.

7     Which is your favourite News Paper?
The Hindu ; Malayala Manorama

8     At what age a child can be given sex education?
I feel it is not something you can start imparting all of a sudden. Sex education can begin at young age, and the knowledge can be imparted slowly and pragmatically over the period of their growth, so that they take it in positively and gain  proper awareness without being misguided.

9     Which character has influenced you most in a novel? Why?
Again, Bhima from Rendaamoozham, as quoted for the 4th Question posed by Maithili. Bhima thinks from the second man’s perspective ; the man who has always had only the second chance to do things, the first one being his elder brother. While he respects the societal norms and his brother’s primogeniture, he often feels that the situations would’ve been a lot different if he had been given the first chance. Something which we all would’ve surely felt at some point in our lives !

10    Which country do you wish to live for ever?
Gar Firdaus rōy-e zamin ast, hamin ast-o hamin ast-o hamin ast. India. Anytime. Always.


Here are the fellow bloggers I’m tagging with the Liebster.

Kirti Nemani, who pens Verses from my heart.
Anu Dev, whose Pinch of Anuism , is her voice.
Jini Fernandez, whose Breath of Fresh Air, indeed what it actually is.
Animesh Ganguly, who is Penning down the mind, beautifully.
Satya, whose Locomente,  is her world !
Ramya , who says she owns a confused humanity !!
Jyotsna Bhatia, whose dreams and dimensions are simply cute !!
Seema, whose Endeavours are endearing ! 
Gayatri , who looks Outside the Kitchen window !!
Menachery, who talks the same old new stuff !!
Jayashree Srivatsan, who writes to us and for us, yes, JaishWrites
Most of them are bloggers whose blogs I’ve silently followed over time, many a time apprehensive about commenting, as I was quite new to the blogosphere when I chanced upon their blogs and started reading them.
This Leibster is one way of showing my appreciation for their blogs !
And here are 11 questions for them to answer :)
1.      Describe yourself in a perfect sentence of five words :P
2.      Imagine you are stranded in an isolated island. What’s the one thing you’ll miss the most ?
3.      What / who is the first thing / person you think of when you hear the word, “Intelligent” ?
4.      What’s your greatest insecurity ?
5.      Which quality do you admire the most in your parents ?
6.      Your favourite writer and your favourite of his books
7.      If you could become a cartoon character for a day, who would you choose to be ?
8.      If you are asked to change three things about the world, what would they be ?
9.      Love, for you, means….. ?
10.  What makes your best friend, your best friend ?
11.  What’s your take  - A forest trek or a Halloween party ?

Enjoy your Liebster !!

:-)

27 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Liebster awards Sreeja !! And thank you so much for nominating me :) This is my first award and hence even more special. By the way, I really liked your 'Dreams and Dimensions are simply cute'. Keep Blogging !! More Power to you !

    Lots of love and hugs <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you on your Liebster and congratulations to me as well, for you considered me good enough for a Liebster. This was really unexpected. Thanks a lot. Yeah!!! I may take some time to concoct those answers as you say i too am good at procrastinating.

    Keep writing. Luv and Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT was great knowing you through this questions :D :D I m a hoarder too :P Never throw anything away, only rearrange the clutter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations for the double award.Thanks to it,we could get to know about you more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot , KP sir :) Congrats to you too. I saw you had already received the award , when I jumped into your blog once :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations for the awards and good to know a bit about you through this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats ! congrats! congrats!

    I agree to the perspective of Bhima.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Sreeja! Loved this post. Same pinch over being a Gemini with multiple personality :D And arranged love marriage is my idea of a perfect marriage too :P
    Interesting questions, will make a post out of it very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Kirti :) Would love to read another Gemini rant :D :D

      Delete
  8. First of all Congratualations!!!!!! and thank you Sreeja. To know thatyou did secretly read my posts was an awww moment. n btw i alwayss appreciate comments (good, bad , ugly) ;) . Oh hi-five on the procrastination bit (sigh). Second turn is on my list!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tinu :) read your post as well..nice to know you !

      Delete
  9. Congrats and thanks a ton for the kind gesture. And please dont be apprehensive about leaving comments. :) We are not t-rex from Jurassic Park ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, Jaishree :) Who iss T-rex :D :D Need a reminder :D

      Delete
  10. Done..http://myendeavours.blogspot.com/2013/11/liebster-is-back-with-bang.html

    Loved your questions

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow..Thankyou so much sreeja..I have no idea you have been reading my blogs.Sorry for reverting late i came back to india few days back.Am thrilled to recieve this award and big hearty congratulations to you as well.I have been away from my baby blog for quiet sometime now but you gave me a headonn to pull-up my socks n reembark on my writing..Once again thankyou so much...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, Anu :) Please go ahead and spill out the words...waiting to read ! :)

      Delete
  12. Wow..Thankyou so much sreeja..I have no idea you have been reading my blogs.Sorry for reverting late i came back to india few days back.Am thrilled to recieve this award and big hearty congratulations to you as well.I have been away from my baby blog for quiet sometime now but you gave me a headonn to pull-up my socks n reembark on my writing..Once again thankyou so much...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow..Thankyou so much sreeja..I have no idea you have been reading my blogs.Sorry for reverting late i came back to india few days back.Am thrilled to recieve this award and big hearty congratulations to you as well.I have been away from my baby blog for quiet sometime now but you gave me a headonn to pull-up my socks n reembark on my writing..Once again thankyou so much...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow..Thankyou so much sreeja..I have no idea you have been reading my blogs.Sorry for reverting late i came back to india few days back.Am thrilled to recieve this award and big hearty congratulations to you as well.I have been away from my baby blog for quiet sometime now but you gave me a headonn to pull-up my socks n reembark on my writing..Once again thankyou so much...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Sreeja. Your answers are a mirror of your personality. I know you better. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for the nice questions Usha Ma'm :) loved them :)

      Delete

Speak to me here :) :)