Friday 21 March 2014

Here we come, A to Z !! ( A to Z Theme Reveal post)


Hurray !! The much awaited day is here !

The day when we, the excited A-to-Zers, unveil the surprise and shine the torches upon the secret that’s awaiting April !

For those who are new to the idea, the A to Z is an Annual Mega Event in the blogosphere, that brings together more than 2500 bloggers across the globe. Through the month of April, we write 1 post per day for 26 days , each day’s post signifying a letter of the English Alphabet , beginning with A on April 1st, B on April 2nd and so on.

Oh yes, Sundays are off, so that all 26 letters get perfectly and comfortably ensconced in our blogs :D

So what do we write about ?
Anything, everything, as long as it has something to do with the letter for the day.
We can theme, or we can be random about the topics.
No pressures, just fun. And more fun.

But some of us do it with a theme, so that’s another challenge within the challenge !

And that’s what this post is all about.

*Drum Rolls please*

THE THEME REVEAL  !!


A, B , C , D, E, F, G
A nice little Story it's going to be !

H, I, J, K, L, M, N
A month long job for the paper and pen !

O, P, Q ;  R, S, T
Come on, lets' go and rock it, shall we ?

V,W ;  X, Y, Z....
Let's leave no A-to-Z post unread !!

Yes, my Theme is a Story :-)
 Simple, isn’t it ?
I love the simplicity of how it sounds :)
 A story, the seeds of which had been sown some time back.
The whole idea began as a seed for a short story, and that’s when A to Z popped up.
This prompted me to put the short story on hold to give it some time to bloom into something more than what it was actually conceived to be.

And that new bloom is what April is going to see on my blog.

A story, woven in 26 segments,  with the alphabets in sync.
A story we all will be able to identify with.
Something , that I wish, would stir the souls of anyone who reads it.
Something, that would make us say, “ hey, I think I’ve seen someone like that, somewhere, sometime.”
That’s the promise, to you, all my dear readers and myself ! :)

I hope to make it as interesting and as engaging as I can :-) I hope and pray you all are with me in this maiden endeavour of mine !

As an addition, I think of throwing in another random post for each letter, on the very first thing that I can think of when I see it.
That is making it as random as ‘random’ can get !
This actually means I’ll have to write two posts for each letter, one for the Story, and the other, random.
Which is by no means, an easy feat.
But achievable, nonetheless. This is just an added bonus.
I can either write both the posts on the single day, or make the latter a weekly round-up post for the Sundays :-)
That’s still a surprise ! :-)

This is the first time I’m taking part in the A to Z, and my excitement is predictable , so is my nervousness.

Will I be able to do it right ?
Will I meet the challenge and make it through ?
Will I be able to do justice to myself and my commitment and deliver my best ?
Will it work out the way I think it would ?

So many questions, which I’m sure are a part of everyone’s thoughts , at some point of time or the other.

And yes, the only weapon we have to meet the questions with a positive frame of mind, is the best weapon anyone can ever have.

Determination , baked with confidence, layered with motivation from fellow bloggers, and topped with enthusiasm !

Oh, yes, strengthened with the power of research, and deepened by thoughts !

This activity is about exercising your brain cells, activating the thought process and creating reading pleasure for the readers.
It is about sharing the passion for writing with a huge network of the like-minded .
It is about spreading some love by sharing what we love from the blog world, across the friends‘ networks ( bloggers or non-bloggers).
It is about enriching those around us with the words we share, getting enriched by them in the process.
It is about the fun of blog-hopping, visiting, reading, commenting, motivating, helping and supporting all those who are here for the fun of it.
It is about appreciating the hosts and co-hosts who are working behind the scenes to make the event a grand success !!

Let’s join together and rock the show !!

Join us, will you, please ?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

This post is a part of the A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal Blog Fest.

Thinking of joining A to Z ? Then please check it out here.

81 comments:

  1. A story ...woven in chronological alphabets...this indeed is something to look forward to

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sreeja...impressed... I had thought of a story too but couldn't get around to doing it actually! Also looking forward to the random posts! All the best dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Aditi :) Looking forward to your posts, too !

      Delete
  3. Wowwwwwwwwwww... Now that's so different! I am already tooooo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeahhh story time :D that's gonna be fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. My love for stories is dragging me! Waiting for yours to read!! Let April come soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theme reveal is written so well can only
    imagine how great the actual story is gonna be :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woah...Ananya :) Thanks a lot for the faith :)

      Delete
  7. My love for stories is dragging me! Waiting for yours to read!! Let April come soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A story? So is it going to be like a serial story? I would love that :) Good luck...its quite challenging

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha.. love that snappy song bit! You have roused my curiosity now! Love and hugs, Sreeja. Can't wait for April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :) that poem's a mischief :) Me too ! Hugs, Shailaja :)

      Delete
  10. Interesting n new Sreeja and love the way you've written this peppy post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blog, Sunila. Thanks for the comment.... hope you like the story as well :)

      Delete
  11. Sreeja, a great introductory post. It has aroused sooo much curiosity. Looking forward. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved your theme reveal post and look forward to your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzy.... I'm waiting for the jigsaw too !

      Delete
  13. A story!! Super!! Will be ready with my cup of tea as you share the story from A to Z, this April :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow I am looking forward to reading the story! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...yes it sounds easy but I am sure it is not. I really look forward to your story. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, a story and a random post on each topic. And here am I still scratching my head on what to write for A :) All the best, I know we will rock it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also scratching my head :D :D twice for each alphabet :D :D Yup we will. Thanks Prasanna :)

      Delete
  17. if this is any indication of things to come - am hooked :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shape of things to come :D :D Welcome, Mina :)

      Delete
  18. we all luurrrrvve stories dont we? :D

    PhenoMenon
    http://throodalookingglass.com/2014/03/a2z2014-theme/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Pheno :) Welcome here :) thanks a lot :)

      Delete
  19. Love the idea of a story being written in a month. Best wishes for the same, would love to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thats is fascinating,a stroy woven around the 26 alphabets....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Sitara. Thank you, hope you enjoy the story too :)

      Delete
  21. It is so great to see that a lot of the bloggers this challenge are writing fiction. I am missing stories in my own writing..

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll miss yours too...but there's a lot to look forward to , at your blog :)

      Delete
  22. Lovely how you crafted this post, Sreeja! Looking forward to your stories. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Corinne :) Waiting for the booklist too :D

      Delete
  23. What a wonderful way to present the post... Looking forward to your story.

    ReplyDelete
  24. à´Žà´´ുà´¤്à´¤ുà´¤്സവം നടക്à´•à´Ÿ്à´Ÿെ
    à´µാà´¯ിà´•്à´•ാà´¨്‍ വരാം
    ആശംസകള്‍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. à´¤ീà´°്‍à´š്à´šà´¯ാà´¯ും വരണം :) à´ª്à´°ോà´¤്à´¸ാà´¹ിà´ª്à´ªിà´•്à´•à´£ം :) നന്à´¦ി, à´…à´œിà´¤് à´­ാà´¯് :)

      Delete
  25. Wow...that is nice and then you can also make an e-book out of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup, depending on how the story is received :) Thanks and welcome, Pooja :)

      Delete
  26. Ooh...sounds interesting! Looking forward to reading your story... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I look forward to the 26 ways of living life :) Welcome, PB :D

      Delete
  27. Awesome! Looking forward Thrissur style! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Waiting for the story to unfold. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That sounds interesting and I'm looking forward to reading your story. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Debbie :) Thanks a lot for the nice words.

      Delete
  30. Yay! i love stories...waiting for it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh yes, I am with you 100% - looking forward to follow your story in April:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, we'll travel together, after all :) Thankssss :)

      Delete
  32. Lovely, Sreeja! And welcome to the world of A-to-Z--you won't find a warmer, friendlier community anywhere in the blogosphere :) So glad you decided to join, and I look forward to staying in touch throughout, and beyond, April. Thanks for stopping over at Life In Dogs earlier, and for the Chicken Soup for the Cat and Dog Lover's Soul recommendation--I'd never heard of it, but it seems like a must for me to find it now :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the warm words of Welcome, Guilie :) Sure, I would love to stay in touch too, throughout and beyond April :) Have posted an Amazon Link for you in the comments :) Yes, it's a very beautiful book. You're sure to love it !

      Delete
  33. ah! so you are in too!!! looking forward to ur story....and i know u will rock it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back, Titli :) Where were you ? Yup, WE will rock it :)

      Delete
  34. This is a great idea. Look forward to the story as it unfolds over the next month...all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Beloo. I know you've something up your sleeves too ;) Waiting :)

      Delete
  35. hmmm a story woven around alphabets i am already intrigued.totally looking forward sreeja.lovely theme. nidblogdxb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, pastiche :) Welcome and keep coming :)

      Delete
  36. Awesome idea! I am looking forward to how your story unfolds. Going to be a fun month! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Kathy :) Sure, it's gonna be fun :) :)

      Delete
  37. Super idea Sreeja. Looking forward to be with you in the journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow bold lady, two posts a day. All the bestest!

    Ishithaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bhavs :) I'm happy with all the wishes I can gather ;) Thanks a lot :)

      Delete
  39. Entammo :D Enbathu commento? Super writerinu super fans ;)

    All the bestest, like Bhavs says :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ennekkollu :D 80 means only 40, just remember that ( Suresh Gopi style :D )
      Thanks for the wishes, though :) I can't have enough of that :D :D

      Delete
  40. this is something to look forward to... will be back here in 3 days :)

    ReplyDelete

Speak to me here :) :)