Tuesday 12 August 2014

Waiting.....


Haunted by the memory of the moment she left her cocoon, flapping her tiny wings, searching for nectar,  I wait for her, my doors wide open.
Please return to me , I pray.
My heart has what she needs.
Plenty of it.
Oh ! I just wish she sees it.


Picture Credit : The Moving Quill


Love.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Word count : 49
Linking this to the Fiction Challenge ‘From 15 to 50′ at Shailaja's The Moving Quill.

12 comments:

  1. hmmm :) nice one , well i am sure it will see you for sure very soooon

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  2. മനോഹരം! കുറഞ്ഞ വാക്കുകള്‍, നിറഞ്ഞ അര്‍ത്ഥം!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Ajith. You have said so much in few words. That is the beauty of this story :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice story in so few words! Only you can do it perfectly, Sreeja.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. How sweet! Like minds think alike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sreeja,

    What a lovely piece, filled with hope and yearning, packed tightly into so little. I knew you wouldn't have too much trouble with the word limit, of course ;) For the flower's sake, I hope the butterfly remembers :)

    Thanks for writing this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. But she was meant to fly away...her beauty is determined by that.
    This was lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww..I hope she remembers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that underlying tinge of sadness is unmistakable....the feeling of helplessness, when u want to do something for someone but u cannot do it unless they want to be helped... i so loved this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. reminds me of one of my old posts :) beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete

Speak to me here :) :)