Friday 10 April 2015

Post # 9 . Invisible, Intangible..... #atozchallenge



“How did it go ?”, Roshni asked her, as soon as she entered their home.
She had been waiting for her to return, anxious to know how the meeting had progressed.
“Fusion is a good restaurant. Let’s go there on your birthday,” Shreyasi said, throwing down her bag and taking the water bottle from the refrigerator.
Arrrrey, I’ll kill you now. Who’s asking about Fusion ? What did he say ? How’s he ?”, Roshni asked, throwing a pillow at her.
Shreyasi giggled and took a gulp of water.
“ Just as I had expected. He wants me to understand him. And bring back the old sparks,” she said.
“ I don’t know why it is always you, dear. He himself could’ve tried to understand something. Somehow, it is always the women,” Roshni answered, her voice laced with irritation.
She just sighed.
“Aren’t you disturbed, Shreya? I can see you are,” Roshni placed a hand on her shoulder.
“ Not really. I’ve seen greater difficulties, haven’t I? I have a lot of faith, Rosh. If my destiny can carry me this far, I’m sure I can move ahead again. Just that all this feels so surreal at times,” she answered, squeezing her friend’s hand.
“ Still, I have my concerns, Shreya,” Roshni said, as they got ready to rest for the night.
Shreyasi kept on playing and re-playing the whole evening in her head over the next few days.
He had admitted his immaturity. His strong-headedness. He had been lonely, he’d said. With no one to turn to.
I was very much there, Aagney. Only if you had tried to reach out.
 I didn’t run away, Shrey.  I was forced to, he had said. What did that mean?
If he hadn’t run away, then who had  forced him to? What was the authority he was speaking of? She hadn't asked him that. 
For the first time, she felt there were some missing links. Or some links, which she didn’t know. Or may be, which she had ignored. Or left out inadvertently.
Had she understood everything wrong?

No, that couldn’t be. Hadn’t fate made her play a part in it?
She wondered why she felt drawn to him again, despite having gone through all that she didn’t want to remember anymore.
The invisible thread of attachment!
That was something she felt afraid of. She feared the bond, the intangible, yet strong bond of love that brought people together.
The  invincible power that bound us to each other, entangling us in a loop of emotions, the more we tried to free ourselves.
She closed her eyes, and after a long time, let the tears flow.

Insults and injuries, I can no longer bear,
I’m sure I’ve had more than my share!

I’m no island, I seek love
Blessings and boon from the world above….

In just  my dreams, I’ve seen my life
Free of worries, fights and strife!

Is it the high, distant sky that beckons?
If it is, I’ll not waste even the seconds!

To be contd....
__________________________________________________________________________________________

This post has been written for the A to Z Challenge 2015.

6 comments:

  1. the verses are so so beautiful ... I am curious to know what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The play of emotions, so wonderfully laid out. Eager to know more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing I'd say :) Well done on continuing with your theme so cleverly. Special Teaching at Pempi’s Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did Aagney mean exactly? I am wondering too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. വായന തുടരുന്നു. കഥ നന്നായി മുന്നേറുന്നുണ്ട്

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is progressing so well, Sreeja. Looking forward to the next one.
    *Shantala @ ShanayaTales*

    ReplyDelete

Speak to me here :) :)