Thursday 17 October 2013

A Septolet - Love !!


My research into the different poetic forms continues.

After the Diamante, Nonet, Cinquain and Etheree, here comes a Septolet.

A Septolet is a poetic form where the poem consists of seven lines, made up of fourteen words, with a break in between, which divides the poem into two distinct parts. Both the parts deal with the same thought or idea, and create a picture for the reader.

My septolet here is on Love...

You’re the sky
I’m
the earth

the rain
of your love
quenches
my thirst !


That  takes the UBC post count to 17 ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I will most definitely try this one! This looks interesting :)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it nice and innovative ?
      Sure do...it's a challenge to the mind.:)

      Delete

Speak to me here :) :)