Wednesday 16 October 2013

An Etheree - The Night ....


An Etheree is a poetic form, that comprises ten lines, with syllables in each tapering down from ten to one, or moving up from one to ten.

Here's a etheree for the Night...


Endless blue stretching to realms unknown
shining stars dancing in the darkness
bright moon spreading the yellow glow
cool breeze filling the night air
leaves singing in the wind
intoxicating
scent of small buds
dip my soul
in pure
warmth !!


UBC 16 , for me ! :-)

4 comments:

  1. I've never head of an Etheree, love this though! SD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Sandra :)
      I'm just exploring the different poetic forms in English :)
      Thanks for your visit, keep coming !

      Delete
  2. This must be difficult to write and make sense at the same time! You are so good at this :)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Richa dear ! I just tried my brains at this.....Don't know if I am any good.... should try to write more of it !

      Delete

Speak to me here :) :)